ISE - Our Services
WHAT IS THE COST OF A LOST SPACE MISSION?
Space radiation can wreac havoc and even cause entire space missions to be lost mainlly by causing critical communications to fail. So saving on space radiation protection may cost you your entire mission.
At ISE we know radiation and specialize in ensuring that our customers will reach highly-optimized and cost-effective solutions to their radiation protection needs during their design phases as well as during their missions.
ISE follows the ALARA philosophy and seeks realistic solutions for our clients by providing highly-detailed and customer-specific recommendations based on state-of-the-art ISE-generated scientific data. We also adhere to NASA recommendations and guidelines regarding space radiation, as well as global standards for safety, such as the newly released AIAA Standards for Space Systems Verification and Management (AIAA S-117-2010) and currently legislated exposure limits.
Specifically, we will help you respond to one of the most crucial safety matters for human spaceflight, which is radiation in all of its aspects. We provide our clients with expert counseling and analysis of radiation protection & monitoring issues, including detailed critical engineering design considerations, as well as pre-flight dosimetry projections - to keep the doses well within the established limits - and post-flight dosimetry for the crew - especially the pilots. Since the radiation doses in suborbital flights, LEO, and deep space are much higher than those experienced on the Earth's surface, astronauts and space flight crews are considered "radiation workers" and thus their exposures must be carefully monitored.
Our expert tailored solutions and recommendations will result in substantial savings to our clients by optimizing crew rotation and grounding due to over exposure.
- Tailored Mission Radiation Analysis to Monitor Crew and Passenger Exposure:
- Pre-Mission Dosimetry Projections
- Comprehensive In-Flight Dosimetry.
- Post-Flight Dosimetry Analysis.
- Personal Dosimetry for Pilots, Crew, and Passengers.
- Radiation Mission Risk & Safety Analysis:
- Spacecraft Design Support for Radiation Shielding, Safety, and Countermeasures.
- Radiation Protection for Mission Critical Electronics, including the Calculation & Analysis of Single Event Upsets, Latch-ups, Burnouts, Gate Ruptures, and similar events for a Variety of Unmanned Mission Scenarios.
- Orbit optimization design studies from the radiation perspective.
- Space Architecture Element Design and Habitation Studies & construction project management.
- Space Suit Analysis, Design, and Testing (through ISE´s collaborative agreements).